Cooking at home: low-carb salad with feta wrapped in bacon
INGREDIENTS (FOR 2 SERVINGS):
- 1 bunch of arugula/rocket
- 200 g sheep's or goat's cheese
- 50 g bacon
- 1 teaspoon sweet mustard
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Optional: Parmesan shavings to garnish
- First, wash the arugula/rocket, drain well and arrange on the plate.
- Make a salad dressing by mixing olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper and drizzling it on the rocket.
- Cut the cheese into cubes, wrap with the bacon. If the bacon does not stick, simply use a toothpick to help.
- Heat oil in a pan on a medium heat and fry the cheese/bacon cubes until they are toasted on all sides and the cheese melts easily.
- Arrange on the rocket salad, garnish with parmesan shavings if preferred.