Conditions of entry for the ‘1st anniversary in Kringlan’ prize competition on Facebook
1. The competition is being run by NEW YORKER Marketing & Media International GmbH, Hansestraße 48, 38112 Braunschweig, Germany (hereinafter: “the promoter”).
2. In order to be eligible to enter, all entrants must be aged at least 16 at the time of entering and need to have fully legal capacity or limited legal capacity. Minors, which are aged at least 16 and persons with limited legal capacity are only allowed to participate in the competition with prior consent of their legal representatives. The promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each entrant. In particular, the promoter may ask the entrants to confirm their age and identity by presenting a valid identity card. If in a participating country exist a deviating legal regulation of legal capacity, the entrant declares with his entering to meet the legal requirements of the legal capacity of the country in which the entrant at the time of entering and submission of his comment is domiciled. Each entrant may enter only once. In the event of anyone applying/entering more than once, only the first entry will be registered. Any and all further entries under the same surname, forename(s), date of birth and place of residence will be disregarded. Legal representatives and employees of the promoter, plus their dependants and any other third parties connected with this promotion are barred from entry.
3. Entry is free. Neither eligibility for entry nor having a chance of winning is dependent on purchasing any product.
4. The competition begins on 13.11.2019 and runs until 20.11.2019. The final date for entries for participation in the draw / competition closing date shall be 20.11.2019 at 11.59pm.
5. Only user with an official Facebook profile can participate.
6. In order to take part in the competition, entrants must accept the conditions of entry.
7. An individual takes part in the competition by answering the question: 'With which person you loved the most to shop with over the past year?' in the comments.
8. One winner will be selected, who will receive three NEW YORKER gift vouchers in the value of 150 Euro/20.00 ISK for himself and two other friends. The winner will be determined randomly among all participants.The winner and the two friends will receive their voucher directly at the Kringlan store. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9.The winners will be notified by the promoter via a message on Facebook not later than two week after the submission deadline 20.11..2019.
10. The winner and their friends must provide us with their full name on the day of notification. The formal acceptance of the prize can be made with a reply to the message on Facebook to NEW YORKER.If the notification of a win cannot be delivered, the potential winner shall lose all rights to the prize and another winner shall be drawn. Any prize that is not formally accepted will not be given out. A precondition for a winner under 18 years of age actually taking up the prize shall be consent to this being given to the promoter by the winner’s parents. In order to be able to take up the prize, the winner undertakes to provide the following details and documents: name, address and date of birth of the entrant, plus name and address of the parents and their written declaration of consent, in any case a participant is underage under the applicable jurisdiction.
11. There shall be no cash alternative to the prize. The winner shall have no entitlement to have the prize paid out in material goods or to any swap of the prizes for any substitute. The winners’ prize shall not be transferable to any other person.
12. The promoter reserves the right to alter, discontinue or interrupt the competition and draw in whole or in part without prior notification if unforeseen circumstances arise. Such circumstances shall particularly include but not be limited to the occurrence of a computer virus, a programme error, unauthorised intervention by third parties and mechanical or technical problems that are beyond the promoter’s control and ability to influence.
13. If an entrant breaches any of these conditions of entry or provides false details, the promoter shall be entitled to bar said entrant from participation without having to give any reasons for this.
14. The promoter shall in accordance with legal provisions be liable to the entrant for any damage arising from loss of life, bodily injury or impairment of health caused by any wilful or negligent breach of duty. The promoter shall also be liable for losses covered by liability pursuant to mandatory statutory regulations, such as the German Product Liability Act, and in the case of any guarantees given. In all other cases the promoter shall be liable for minor negligence only if the promoter, its legal representatives, senior executives or other agents breach a contractual obligation, the fulfilment of which is fundamental to enabling the contract to be properly performed, the breach of which jeopardises achievement of the contractual purpose and adherence to which ought generally to be something on which the entrant could rely. In such cases liability shall be limited to typical and foreseeable losses. In all other cases the promoter shall not be liable for any minor negligence. In no circumstances the promoter shall be liable for any indirect and/or consequential loss or damage.
15. The entrant agrees that for purposes of organizing and processing the competition his personal data are
collected, stored and used. The entrant is entitled at any time to revoke its consent to the collection, storage and
use of his data. The promoter agrees to comply with the data protection regulations. In particular, the data will be
Our data protection Information especially on competitions can be found in Section 9 Data Privacy Statement: Privacy
16. Responsible for the contest is exclusively the promoter. Facebook isn’t involved with this content.
17. Should any individual provision of these conditions of entry be or become invalid, illegal or unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity of the remainder of the conditions of entry. The invalid, illegal or unenforceable clauses shall be replaced by rulings, the effects of which come as close as possible to the business objective. The entrant may not transfer any and all rights arising from the legal relationship on which these conditions of entry are based to any third party.
©2020 NEW YORKER