Savoury pumpkin quiche
For a 23 cm diameter quiche dish (3-4 servings).
For the dough:
For the dough:
- 200 g flour, type 550
- 100 g cold butter
- 1 egg
For the topping:
- 400 g pumpkin (e.g. ½ small Hokkaido pumpkin)
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 150 g fresh goat cheese
- 3 eggs, size L
- 2 sprigs thyme
- salt and pepper freshly ground
- butter and flour for the mold
- 1 handful of pistachios
How to make it:
- Mix the flour, cold butter and 1 egg with a pinch of salt to make a shortcrust pastry. Shape into a ball and let rest in plastic wrap in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Peel the pumpkin and remove the seeds along with the fibrous flesh inside. Cut the pumpkin into narrow wedges and mix with a marinade of olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Place the wedges on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast in the oven for 20 minutes; remove and let cool on the sheet.
- Roll out the dough to 2-3-mm thickness and place in a buttered, floured quiche dish. Press down well. Prick the bottom a few times with a fork. Spread dry legumes or blind baking balls on top to prevent the dough from rising. Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C and pre-bake the base on the middle shelf for 15 minutes, then remove the baking paper together with the pulses or baked balls.
- Pluck the thyme leaves from the twigs and chop finely. Season the fresh goat cheese with salt, pepper and nutmeg and mix. Add 3 egg yolks and 1 tsp honey and the thyme. Beat the 3 egg whites until stiff and fold into the goat cheese cream.
- Pour the goat cheese cream on the pre-baked base and spread the pumpkin on top in a fan shape. Reduce oven temperature to 160°C and bake the tart on the middle rack for about 20 minutes, until the cream is set and lightly browned. Remove the tart from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
Serving tip: Coarsely chop the pistachios and sprinkle them over the quiche before serving.