Recipe: Pears, beans and bacon
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 750 g French beans or green beans
- 4 small pears (approx. 125 g each)
- 500 g bacon
- 500 g potatoes (firm boiled)
- 2 onions
- 4 sprigs of savory
- 1 level tablespoon cornstarch
- kitchen twine
How to do it:
- Peel the potatoes and boil them separately with salted water.
- Peel the onions and cut them into slices. Add to about 1 1/4 liters of lightly salted water with the bacon in one piece (or already cut into portion pieces), bring to a boil and cook in a covered pot over medium heat for about 45 minutes.
- Clean, wash and break the beans into pieces. Add after about 25 minutes of cooking the bacon and simmer with it for about 20-25 minutes more.
- Wash savory, pat dry, set aside some for garnish. Tie rest into a bunch with kitchen twine. Wash pears and add to pot with savory about 15 minutes before end of cooking time.
- Remove bacon, pears and savory. Cut bacon into pieces if necessary. Cut pears in half lengthwise. Stir starch in a little water until smooth, thicken simmering broth with it until slightly creamy, boil up again and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Arrange one or two pears on the plate for each person, add a good portion of bacon and beans as well as potatoes and cooking broth as desired.