Perfect for a picnic: French lentil salad in a jar
For the salad:
- 1 tin of Lentils
- Vegetables (such as tomatoes, onion and avocado)
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2-3 pressed Cloves of Garlic
- Olive oil and Balsamic vinegar to taste
- Lemon juice
- First, mix the dressing and let it stand. Add more oil or lemon juice depending on the desired consistency.
- Drain the lentils and wash them in a sieve, leave them for a minute. Meanwhile cut the vegetables into small pieces. Fry the halloumi or tofu in some oil until crispy and let it cool down a little.
- Meanwhile, wash the spinach, lettuce or kale and tear into small pieces. Mix everything in a bowl with the dressing. If you like to experiment, cut an apple into small pieces or grate it over the salad.
- For the picnic version: first put the lentils, then the vegetables and the tofu in a large jar and pour the dressing over it just before serving.