Cooking at home: Polenta pizza
- 250g polenta (corn semolina)
- 500ml vegetable broth
- Tomato paste
- Pizza topping of your choice (e.g. mozzarella and aubergines or grated Emmental cheese, salami and paprika)
- First, bring the vegetable stock to boil with the crushed garlic clove. Whilst stirring over a low heat add the polenta until the mixture is nice and creamy.
- Season with salt, pepper and rosemary and (if you like) add a handful of parmesan. Let it cook for about 15 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a springform pan lined with baking paper. To spread it, wet the spatula - it will work better this way!
- Put the pizza in the oven at 200 degrees for about 15-20 minutes until the surface is a little firmer.
- Prepare the tomato sauce at the same time. Simply cut the cherry tomatoes in half or larger tomatoes into small pieces and boil them down with tomato paste, oregano, salt and pepper until it is a thick sauce. You can also fry sliced aubergines in olive oil until they are soft.
- Spread the tomato sauce on the pizza, add your favourite topping, sprinkle with cheese and put it in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.